PROGRAM YEAR 2021-2022
To those of you serving as the chair of the Family Activities Committee, for your Grange, Congratulations and our best wishes as we work to make the department an active one at all levels. We hope you are reporting during the Grange Order of
Business when called for. We try to cover a wide variety of topics in the bulletin to help, and also try at meetings to emphasize the many contests.
And to all Grangers, it is by your participation and interest that will help us all achieve a successful year.
New this year, all contests in FAC are open to Grange’s and Granger’s Friends. If you have a family member or friend who you know has a special talent, encourage them to submit an entry in the many contests available!!
Anyone who is 14 and older are encouraged to enter any or all of the categories:
- All entries must be labeled with an official label and entry forms must be completed prior to entering in competition. Contact your Family Activities Chairman for labels.
- Workmanship must be that of entrant.
- Only one entry per class: (classes —knitting, crocheting, clothing, etc.)
- Adult entries will receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places and all entries will receive a participation ribbon.
- Junior entries will receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place plus a $3 cash prize for 1st prize, $2 cash prize for 2nd place and $1 cash prize for 3rd place. All entries will receive a participation ribbon.
- Best of Show award will be awarded by the Judges. All entries will be eligible to receive this honor.
Adult Home Arts Categories
All Grange members 14-100+ (Men and Women) are encouraged to enter any or all of this year’s categories.
I Baked Goods (men and women)
- Must include recipe, typed or legibly printed.
- Must be made from scratch, no mixes.
- Display should be on a disposable plate or pan.
- Judging will be based on appearance, texture and flavor.
A. Quick Bread (any kind)
B. 2-fruit pie ( Must have 2 kinds of fruit for filling)
C. Oatmeal cookies
D. Six or less (any baked item with 6 or fewer ingredients, may include 1 package mix).
B. Any other type of candy
C. Party or snack mix
B. Canned vegetable (any variety)
IV Dried Foods
A. Dried Meats
B. Dried Fruits or Vegetable
A. Large items (throws, afghans, etc.
B. Small items (potholders, purses, dish rags, etc.)
A. Large item
B. Small item
VII Quilting (open to members and non-members)
A. Any form of quilting
A. Article of clothing using Michigan State Grange 150th Anniversary as theme.
B. A memory item made from a loved ones belongings (a quilt from old ties, etc.)
A. Greeting card (any holiday you choose)
B. Book-mark (any medium)
C. Any item (of your choosing) using sunflowers as theme.
D. decorated brick (doorstop, any medium)
A. Any item small enough to be easily displayed.
XII. Garden Sparklers
A. Any style (check on line for description and ideas)
XIII. Antique Home
A. Any item found in Grandma’s Kitchen or Home
B. Any item found in Grandpa’s tool shed
XIV. Miscellaneous Crafts
A. Any article that doesn’t fall into any of the other categories (crafts, hobbies, collections, etc.
You will notice, many of these are new contests and we have many that utilize your own thoughts and creativity. Let’s think outside the box. If you have any questions on the contests, Barb says to feel free to contact her, or on Family Activities in general, get a hold of Barb or Tom.
We were appointed to our position to promote the Grange as a Family organization and we’re glad to have you as a part of our Grange Family.
Be sure to check out other contests for Juniors in the Lecturer’s , Juniors and Deaf Awareness Programs.